Tai Chi Sword Qigong
Focus: Qi Circulation & Meridians (All Levels Welcome)
TCM Time Course | Saturdays 11:30AM-12:30PM EST | 7-week course | January 16th-February 27th, 2021
- Tai Chi Sword is practiced to achieve higher and more profound levels of Qi.
- In fact, the theory of Tai Chi Sword is much deeper than that of barehand Taijiquan.
- The techniques are consequently also more difficult to train and master.
- An ancient Chinese martial arts proverb says: "It takes 100 days to master barehand, 1,000 days the spear, 10,000 days the sword.
- The Tai Chi Sword Qigong set will be trained in this class as a preparation for the Tai Chi Sword Sequence in future classes.
- Students will be introduced to the classical Yang Style Tai Chi Sword (楊氏太極劍, yángshì tàijíjiàn) form, which consists of 54 movements.
- A sword will not be necessary for this class, but it can be helpful to order a wooden or metal sword for future classes
- Recommendation: Wood Training Sword | YMAA - https://ymaa.com/publishing/training-equipment/wood-training-sword
- Governing Vessel
- Conception Vessel
- 12 Primary Meridians
- Wuji Breathing (Dan Tian)
- Lao Gong Breathing (Pericardium PC-8)
- Yong Quan Breathing (Kidney KI-1)
- Four Gates Breathing (PC-8 & KI-1)
- Secret Sword Breathing (Pericardium & Large Intestine Channels)
Tai Chi Sword Qigong Set:
- 1. Tai Chi Peng with Secret Sword
- 2. Tai Chi Peng with Secret Sword Coil and Turn
- 3. Sink the Qi to the Dan Tian
- 4. Left and Right Expand the Bow (Push the Mountain)
- 5. Left and Right Coil and Turn
- 6. Arc the Arms for Embracing (Eagle Attacks Its Prey)
- 7. Double Fingers Point Forward
- 8. Forward and Backward Coil and Turn
- 9. Upward and Downward Yin and Yang
- 10. Fairy Points the Way
- All courses are hosted live on Zoom. Join directly from your browser or download Zoom app for a better experience.
- All classes will also be recorded with approximately 50:50 recording time and interaction.
- Students will not appear in the videos but voices may occasionally be recorded.
- Registration includes lifetime access to the recordings in the video library using same password as the course(s) registered.
- After registration you will receive a unique password for each individual course.
- Only one registration is needed per household; family members can share the same login info and membership.
- Minimum required enrollment to run the course is 12 persons. Students will be notified of any cancellations prior to the course date and will be offered a full refund or transfer.
Courses are currently being held online on Zoom due to the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. You can join meetings directly from your browser or download Zoom app for a better experience. Zoom offers several tools to protect meetings including encryption of all audio, video, and screen sharing data as well as meeting access controls to prevent data in transit from being intercepted. Zoom does not have access to identifiable health information and have policies and controls in place to safeguard the collection, use, and disclosure of your information.
Even though every consideration will be taken to protect your confidentiality and privacy, sometimes it is not possible to prevent some circumstances from happening due to data breaches, cyber attacks, and security incidents involving Zoom. For more information: Read Security - Zoom
To access recordings below, enter the password given at registration.